Men and woman really are different when it comes to sex.
(Note: These differences won’t apply to all men and all women all the time. Rather, they will apply to most men and most women most of the time. And, as we get older some of the differences can shift.)
Sex is as important to men as talking is to women. It’s when men feel the closest to their partner. That’s why a lack of sex can feel like a lack of love to a man. It’s also easier for men to get and stay in the mood. So sex is usually good for them.
That’s why — MORE SEX is usually better for men!
Sex is more complicated for women. She can’t be stressed or tired or upset with her partner. Sex also has greater consequences for her. Sex bonds a woman to her partner. And for younger women there’s the potential for getting pregnant. That’s why it takes more for women to get and stay in the mood. It’s nature’s way of slowing her down.
And that’s why — all the stars have to align for women to have GOOD SEX!
But, when you know how to accommodate to each other’s needs sex will be better for everyone! Because good sex for her means more sex for him! So everybody’s happy! :)
Take this simple quiz to find out how much you already know about men and women’s sex differences. We’ll talk about the answers and MUCH MUCH MORE at our meetup!
ARE YOU A SEXPERT? WHAT’S YOUR SEX IQ?*
(Fill in the blanks with MEN or WOMEN)
1. When _______ have sex, they can become attached to their partner whether they want to or not.**
2. _______ are more visual and aroused more easily.
3. _______ are aroused more slowly and need non-sexual touch before direct sexual touch.
4. Worry, fatigue and stress can interfere with a _______’s desire for sex.**
5. _______ need to feel relaxed, warm, and comfortable before sex.**
6. _______ usually need to feel connected and close before sex. And they may want to talk.
7. For _______, foreplay is anything that’s happened in the last 24 hours.**
8. For _______, foreplay is anything that’s happened in the last 3-minutes.**
9. _______ have 2 1/2 times more brain space devoted to sex and 3 times more sex drive.**
10. _______’s sex hormones are highest in the morning.
11. _______’s sex hormones are highest at certain times of the month.
12. _______ are more like a blow torch – all the way on/all the way off.
13. _______ are more like an oven – slow to preheat/slow to cool down.
14. _______ can feel rejected if there is a lack of sex.**
15. _______’s pleasure is the best predictor of the couple having a good sex life.
(*This quiz is intended to be fun and informative. However, it is not a valid psychological assessment tool.)
Bonus – I’ll offer a group guided imagery at the end of our meetup to help you attract the kind of partner you really want!
Are You A SEXPERT? Get Your Sex IQ!
Saturday, September 19
E.P. Foster Library
651 E. Main St., Ventura, CA
**Brizendine, L. (2006). The Female Brain. New York: Doubleday.