We all want love. But, sometimes men and women approach it differently. So, we’re gonna talk about “What Men and Women Really Want.”
Plus we’ll have a special “Ask It — Basket” where you can put in questions and get answers from the opposite sex!
These meetups will be lots of fun. :)
Here are some of the things we’ll be talking about:
• How does a woman let a man know she’s interested?
• Who asks for the first date?
• Who pays for the first date?
• Should a man open doors, etc.?
• Who likes to get close by talking?
• Who has 20,000 words per day?*
• Who has 7,000 words per day?*
• Who likes to get close by doing things together?***
• Who is more visual and more likely to experience “love at first sight”?*
• Who needs more daily closeness and touch to stay attached?*
• Who remembers birthdays and anniversaries more often?*
• Who has nine emotional memory centers?*
• Who has two emotional memory centers?*
• Who is better at reading their partner’s emotions?*
• Who is more likely to avoid emotions — theirs and yours?*
• Who registers danger more? (ie. is very uncomfortable with their back to the door in a restaurant)*
• Whose first response is fear or worry?*
• Whose first response is anger?*
• Who likes to give advice and problem solve?
• Who likes support and doesn’t want advice?
• Who handles conflict better?**
• What does a man need when he says, “I can’t talk about this anymore’?**
• What does a woman need when he says “I can’t talk about this anymore”?**
• Who is more likely to say something “below the belt?”**
• Who is “better” at fighting verbally?*
• What does a man say or do when he wants to make up?****
• Why does a woman need to talk and work things out before she can make up?
• Who is more invested in the relationship and can feel more stressed by relationship conflict?*
• Who is more vulnerable after a significant break-up?
Remember, we all want love. The key is learning to respect and value each other’s differences. Then you can find compromises that work for both of you.
Plus, I’ll include a free group guided imagery/hypnosis to help you attract the kind of love you really want!
What Men/Women Really Want! Part I, Saturday, Feb. 14
What Men/Women Really Want! Part II, Saturday, March 12
E.P. Foster Library
651 E. Main St., Ventura, CA
*Brizendine, L. (2006). The Female Brain. New York: Doubleday.
**Gottman, J. (1994). Why Marriages Succeed or Fail. New York: Simon & Schuster
***Markman, Stanley, & Blumberg. (1992). Fighting for Your Marriage: Positive steps for preventing divorce and preserving a lasting love. Wiley: San Francisco
****McWilliams, Paul. (2003). San Gabriel Valley Association of Marriage & Family Therapists Meeting, Why Men Won’t Talk to Women and What to Do About It. Pasadena, CA.